Clonard College in Geelong, was established in 1956 by the Brigidine Sisters in response to the growing demand for places for girls in a Catholic Education setting. Clonard's current enrolment of 784 girls in Years 7-12 come from a broad range of geographic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students enrolled in Year 7 come from 51 different primary schools - from Geelong to Airey’s Inlet in the south, Meredith to the west, Werribee to the north and Queenscliff to the east. The school is located on a small site in Geelong West and provides a very settled learning environment in an attractive setting with well maintained facilities.
Clonard has the vision that the College is a place where students develop a deep love of learning, a strong sense of justice and a willingness to take responsibility for making the community in which they live, a better place. Strong academic results are complemented by a comprehensive applied learning program at Clonard. The College is well known for its pioneering work in creating an ecological sustainable school. It takes very seriously its responsibility in educating students on issues relating to Social Justice. There is a strong link with the local indigenous community, the Wathaurong People as well as communities in Santa Teresa and Daly River the Northern Territory. Students volunteer their time across numerous projects including the Geelong Food Bank, aged care facilities and the tutoring of refugee students in local primary schools.